9 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Carnival Cruise Line
Written by: Amanda on May 02, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line has come a long way since its launch in 1972. Its first ship, the TSS Mardi Gras, ran aground on a sandbar on its inaugural voyage from Miami to Puerto Rico.
This was just a minor setback, however. Now, Carnival’s fleet of Fun Ships, with their signature red, white and blue funnels, are among the most recognized and popular in the world.
If you are new to sailing, or just to Carnival, these nine fun facts about the cruise giant will give you an idea of just why it continues to wow more and more travelers.
1. Carnival Corporation & plc is now the world’s largest leisure travel company with more than 100 ships sailing under 10 different brands.
2. Each year, Carnival Cruise Lines operates 1,500 sailings on 24 ships, which include stops all around the globe, from Alaska to Athens to Aruba.
3. Today, more people sail with Carnival Cruise Line than any other cruise line in the world.
4. In 2015, Carnival launched a series of one-of-a-kind, longer voyages called Carnival Journeys. These nine- to 15-day sailings feature more exotic, less traveled-to ports of call, “Local”-tainment options, and opportunities to cook and enjoy authentic cuisine from the ship’s destinations.
5. The Vista, Carnival’s newest and largest ship to date, begun its maiden voyage yesterday from Trieste, Italy. It will tour the Mediterranean before arriving in Barcelona on May 14th.
6. DJ Irie, the official DJ of the Miami Heat, has teamed up with Carnival to make nightlife on board hotter than ever, and through the Spin’iversity program, train aspiring DJs to keep the party going across Carnival’s fleet.
7. The Carnival Vista boasts a number of industry firsts: the first IMAX theater at sea, the longest water tube slide, and for North Americans, the first chance to sail with a working brewery on board.
8. Many of Carnival’s ships have a kids-free retreat called Serenity, where adults can spend quality time relaxing in a hammock or plush lounge chair, away from the hoopla.
9. Passengers on any Carnival ship can experience dining, Dr. Seuss style. It’s called The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast, and it is as whimsical and memorable as it sounds.
There are so many options for vacations at sea, but when it comes variety and value, a Carnival voyage offers something for just about everyone.
If you’re a cruise fanatic, there is a way to earn income while following your passion. As a home-based travel agent, your expertise, along with KHM Travel’s long-established relationships with top travel suppliers like Carnival, can help others take the cruise of a lifetime.
Get more information on how KHM Travel Group can help you get started with our free information packet. Just fill out the form on the right side of the screen or call 1-888-611-1220 to speak directly with a member of our team.