Travel Agents: Make the Most of Your About Section on Facebook
Written by: Michelle on August 08, 2018
A Facebook business page offers travel agents the chance to directly connect with a network of friends, family, and community members who can develop into clients. The more that people find, like, and share your Facebook page, the more likely you are to see growth in the number of clients you serve and bookings you make.
However, it’s important that your Facebook business page accurately reflects who you are, what you do, and how people can reach you. That’s where the “About” section comes in. Here are the key elements to include about your travel business.
State the Facts
When first setting up your Facebook Business page, you are prompted to enter the basics about your business. You may have skipped this step initially, so make sure it is filled in before you start promoting your page. Make sure that your general information is accurate.
- It should include your business’s name rather than your name, both for your personal privacy and to make it easier for clients to search for your business.
- Select “Travel Agency” as your business category so that users who are searching for an agent can find you.
- Including a start date for your business lets people know your level of experience and establishes a business anniversary, which can be a cause for celebration and a helpful promotional in coming years.
Contact Information is Key
Make sure to include your business’s contact information, especially email, phone number, and website. Many people also use Facebook to tag businesses in posts, so make sure to include your username and that it is something easy to remember (like your business name) so clients can easily find and tag your business.
Who Are You?
There are two important places to tell visitors more about your business and who you are.
- About, which appears under “more info” is a short description of what your business is. Share one or two sentences that clearly explain you are a travel agent, and outline the services you provide.
- The “Our Story” feature allows you to describe your business and yourself at length. This is the space to tell clients what got you started as a travel agent, why people should like or follow your page, and how you add value to your clients’ travel experiences. Essentially, this is the space to give your clients your 30-second commercial, and can be a powerful tool to convince those who may casually find your business to reach out to you.
Other Information to Consider
- If you have a specialty, don’t forget to mention it. Those who are looking for a specialist may be more inclined to take the time to contact you.
- List your certifications or areas of experience. These can help you to stand out among other agency pages and cements your authority and credibility as an agent before the client has even met you.
- If you keep certain office hours or business hours, list them. This will help set expectations for clients and potential clients as to when you are available and give them an idea of when they will hear back from you.
- Setting a location can be tricky. If you work from home, you probably don’t want to share your address where it can be accessed by anyone. Instead, you may choose to share only the city or town where you live and not the specific street address. This can help establish you as a local resource, without compromising your privacy.
- Adding your mission statement can help clients understand why you are a travel agent and how you strive to best serve them. It also serves as a reminder of your “why.”
- Link your other business social accounts. This provides access to your online presence for those who use Facebook rarely or who prefer other platforms but who want to stay connected with you online.
If you’re a current KHM Travel Agent and are wondering how you can incorporate us into your About page, check out our Portal resource here.
You can see an example of KHM Travel Group’s About page here. There you can find our story, our mission, and more. If you are interested in learning more about becoming an independent travel agent, you can fill out the form to the right or give us a call at 1-888-611-1220.