An Inside Look at Funjet Vacations’ All-In-One Travel Protection Plan
Written by: Amanda Bailey on May 11, 2016
Even when booking with a travel agent, there are so many unpredictable variables when it comes to travel — weather, flight delays, and exposure to unfamiliar elements and cuisine, etc. The only way to safeguard a traveler’s investment is through travel insurance.
However, not all travel protection plans are created equal. One of our top Preferred Suppliers, Funjet Vacations, offers All-In-One Travel Protection that will give both agents and a clients a peace of mind.
Charla Francis, our BDM from The Mark Travel brands, explains the benefits of the All-in-One Protection:
- Clients can cancel their trip prior to departure for any reason and receive a full refund, less the cost of the protection plan.
- With the low deposit policy, travelers enjoy a reduce deposit to secure their vacation package. Land-only packages require no deposit, packages with Charter/Value air require $50 deposit per person, and for scheduled air, the deposit is $100 per person.
- Agents get the benefit of commission protection of up to $100 per reservation or up to $100 per room on a total cancellation.
- Travelers have the flexibility to add on the All-in-One Travel Protection up to 7 days after the initial deposit.
- Lower price guarantee means that if a price lowers before departure, Funjet will give them the lower price. (Does not cover scheduled air portion, only hotel for the scheduled air/hotel reservation.)
“Time is money to agents,” says Charla. “With the All-In-One Protection Plan, it’s just one click to add to the reservation in VAX with the initial deposit, there are no restrictions, and no forms to fill out. Plus, it’s affordable for clients.”
When Funjet says cancel for any reason, they mean it. The All-In-One coverage even includes non-refundable airfares. Additionally, if changes to a reservation need to be made, Funjet does not charge fees for the first instance of revisions.
Charla also has a few tips for travel agents to help them show the value of Funjet’s travel protection to clients. It can be tough, because no one wants to think about the “what-ifs” when planning their dream vacation.
However, to demonstrate your expertise as a travel professional, you’ll want to show your client that you truly understand and appreciate their investment, both in terms of time and money.
One way to do this, according to Charla, is asking clients if they are ok with losing the entire investment they’ve just made on their vacation.
“If they are declining the best waiver protection out there, then that is exactly what they are saying,” says Charla. “Are they willing to throw away their money when the unexpected could happen at a moment’s notice?”
As a travel agent, having outstanding trip insurance, like Funjet’s All-In-One for your clients also protects your own investment in terms of the time you’ve spent researching and booking a client’s vacation.
Thanks to Charla for sharing her knowledge and tips for promoting Funjet’s All-In-One Travel Protection!
Current KHM Travel Agents can learn more about Mark Travel’s insurance plans at www.vaxvacationaccess.com.
Ready to work with the industry’s top travel suppliers as an independent travel agent? We invite you to find out why over 3,900 home-based travel agents have chosen to partner with KHM Travel Group. Request your free information packet today by filling out the form on the right side of the screen or by calling us at 1-888-611-1220.